sophomore english,DOMC, SOCE, FJCU, Fall 2005--Spring 2006

星期六, 1月 14, 2006

GIVE ME FIVE - The Video Play

Rebecca: Welcome to our Give Me Five talk show.

Vanessa�JI'm Vanessa.

Rebecca:I'm Rebecca.

Vanessa�JToday, we are going to introduce something about Taiwan. There are three parts: Mass Media, Culture, and Education. Rebecca and I will talk something about the Mass Media part.

Rebecca: Kitty and Grace will introduce the Taiwan Culture. Than, Garry and Vincent will talk about Education this part.

Mass Media
---------------------------------------------------

Vanessa:Rebecca, how do you get daily news? From TV? Newspaper? Or Internet?

Rebecca: Hmm�KI'm used to reading newspaper. In Taiwan, the three main well-know newspapers are the United Daily News, the China Times and the Liberty Times News. I'm usually reading the Liberty Times News and the United Daily News.
In my opinion, the Liberty Times News's reports are more on the Democratic Progressive Party(DPP).
There were 841 news agencies registered as of December 2003.
The oldest and largest one was the Central News Agency.
CNA provides complete domestic, overseas Chinese, and international news in Chinese. How about you?


Vanessa: Hmm......I like to get daily updates from news on TV. Sometimes I also turn on the radio to listen to the important news. It's an easy and fast way.
About broadcasting, as far as I know, radio stations cooperate with newspaper circles to deliver the latest news to local audiences. Also, real-time audio broadcasting is the other available channel on most radio network websites.
Speaking of television business, it's important to bring out an impressive fact, that is, Taiwan is the country, which possesses the largest numbers of SNG vehicles in the world.
Satellite-based news channels use them to deliver live coverage of important events and breaking news to the audience.


Rebecca: Wow, that's really something be proud of for Taiwanese. (��G��x�W�O�֦��@�ɳ̦h��SNG���o���)

Vanessa�JRebecca, how do you absorb the knowledge and information in leisure time?

Rebecca: Well ,I could obtain some up to date news through by reading the magazines or searching answers on websites. Beside, online bookstores, offer the customers a convenient way to set access to various.Online bookstores, such as Bookland have made books and magazines the largest category of the purchases.

Rebecca: Vanessa, Can you explain this part of the motion pictures and intellectual property rights?

Vanessa�JYes. Local filmmakers in Taiwan are best known for introspective and richly atmospheric works that explore social developments and the human condition.
In order to promote Taiwan's local films in the global market, the GIO has worked with foreign film organizations to sponsor Taiwan film festivals in many countries around the world.
In addition, since the 1990s, the government has taken steps to build a sound legal bill for IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) protection.


Rebecca: Thank you for the explanation, Vanessa. That's all about Mass Media part.

Vanessa: Thanks, everyone. Coming next, Garry and Vincent will talk about Education part. Don't go away!

Culture
---------------------------------------------------

Kitty: Hi, Grace! I wanna tell you something.

Grace: What a coincidence. I also have some thing to share with you, too! You go first.

Kitty: Well, I went to see the hsiang sheng by ���n�˪� on last Sunday. I enjoy the show with my friend. I wish you were there with us. I love it so mush! How about you?

Grace: Good for you! My story is few days ago, I went to see the Taiwan Opera performed by Ming Hwa Yua. You know what? It was my first time! I was so exceted!

Kitty: It sounds like are both had a wonderful experience in enjoying folk cultural activities. Nowadays, cultural activities in Taiwan are blossoming every where.

Grace: Eh! And the Hakkas' culture is prevailing too now.

Kitty: Many foreigners are very interested in our Indegenous culture and music. Some of them even live here!

Grace: In fact, besides of the aboriginal and the Hakkas, there are much literature, music, film craft in Taiwan which draw many foreigners' attention.

Kitty: Right, as I know, there are Zhu Ming's carving, Yang Hui Shan's colored crystal art. All kinds of art masterpieces that foreigners like to collect.

Grace: Yes. Except these technologies you just mentioned long history in Taiwan attracts a lot of people to visit Taiwan and study here.
The renown historical places for these foreigners are, for instance, the National Taiwan Museum in Taitung, Taiwan History Museum, Longshan Temple, and ��Ѯc and so on.
On there are indeed too many to introduce then all.


Kitty: Fortunately, thanks to the modern technology, we have internet to help us find out more details about all the culture issues and spots in Taiwan.
For those of you who are interested the websites of Information Bureau www.gio.gov.tw is especially what you cannot miss at all.


Grace: You are right! Hope you enjoy our show today.

Both: See you next time!

Education
---------------------------------------------------
to be continue......

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home