Practice makes perfect
In this semester, we had a great chance to learn English by presenting plays. In the beginning of all, we were so nervous that we might not do a great job to performance our plays because it's uneasy to write a script. It's a big challenge for us. We discussed many times to make a decision which script will be the best one of our plays. All of us took so many times on this competition. It was so rough during the practice because we had to stay and practice after the school until mid-night. Though it was a tired errand, yet finally we did it. And here come some comments and thoughts about our plays.
Seeking Eileen Chang
First of all, I was so surprised that Irene really did a great job to play Eileen Chang. She was the best actress in my mind. Her action made people feel so natural. In addition, the properties were so match with this play at the early age and the light effect was not so strong to make it more attractive. I could see the original story from this performance.
The Dream of Pink Chamber
It was an older literature and we take it to be the main point of our play. Otherwise, we put many factors into this play, included, Kong Fu Hustle, Brokeback Mountain and the songs of Minan culture. All the actors and actresses were too nervous to give us the best side of their show. The appearance of light and sound effect was not very good because our group members were not enough and we took too many times on asking people. Finally, 冠瑩,紫華(學弟妹) and 蔡明政 (our new classmate) promised to help us, and I want to say thank you to them.
The Magic Dancer, Golden Star
This is the only radio play on this competition. If I were one of their members, this is a special experience. Because we learn how to use the radio room just for a short time, we were not so familiar how to operate and make this work and it was really a big challenge. The magic dancer impressed me so much.
The Stolen Thief
That’s the best play at all the judgments’ mind, so do us. They had the experienced director and potential actors and actresses. We all know that they are the group which prepared earliest, so the best play was what they must get. They used the musical factor to make the all play lively. They really caught my eyes on that. Additionally, they used the penlights to produce a kind of stage atmosphere at the beginning of the play. During all the plays, they even didn’t use too complicated properties, but had the greatest effect, which had beyond what students could do. I really admired them.
Turandot, the Princely Princess
I didn’t watch this one but I understand the main actor and actress played very well. In this play, a little special factor was used. It was world apart between Turandot and the stolen thief. I could see the professional part from The Thief and feel the some broke their neck on this.
The best play in my mind is “Stolen thief.” The reason is simple; they had the experienced director and a group of nice actors and actress. They give us a professional show which beyond students could do. That’s why I chose this to be the best because I really enjoyed it.
As for me, I learned so much not only how to be much braver to speak louder on the stage but also administer teamwork at a group. It’s not bare an English drama, but a mirror which make us understand ourselves and build confidence. That’s what I see from that. Thank god for giving us this chance to let us finish the important work by ourselves.

0 Comments:
張貼留言
<< Home